Hey there! My name is Cheyenne Carter and, yes, you guessed it, I’m the co-owner of Juniper Weddings. I’m 26 years old and currently live in land-locked Tennessee (I’m a little sour about it because the beach is my favorite place on Earth). I’m married (to a tall, dark and handsome man) and have a beautiful daughter (I shot a wedding 3 days after I gave birth to her because I’m a maniac).
When I’m not behind the camera, I’m probably in the Chick-Fil-A drive thru (I’m a proud Red Member until August 2021). I also enjoy trolling my 3 year old niece and actually have a really fun time hanging out with my grandmothers (I’m an old soul).
All of my success is nothing without credit to my King Jesus. He’s brought me through life held in His arms and I would be nothing and no where without Him.
MY TOP FIVE
1. Hubs.- I got married to the most wonder man-of-God in July of 2018. So not only did I say "I do." to my best friend, I've also been a bride myself and know alllllll of the emotions you feel!
2. The babes.- Shortly after getting married, we found out we were pregnant with a little girl. She was born in August 2019 and my life has never been more fulfilled.
3. Mac N' Cheese. - Oops. Did I already mention this?
4. My niece.- Being an aunt is literally one of my favorite titles. My niece was born 3 years before my daughter so we've had some pretty special moments together. Watching her become a big cousin is so rewarding!
5. Interior Decorating- So far I've only rented homes but boy do I know how to put a homey spin to it. I love love love to decorate. (And I usually thrift everything- I'm talking I found a brand new $1,500 leather sectional with an ottoman for $300! Yeah. I'm a boss.)
I've always had a creative spirit. After I took a photography class on a whim in high school, I fell in love with the art of creating memories. My camera brought me out of the workforce funk and allowed me to live a life doing what I love. Photographing weddings is such a source of joy in my life and I love each and every one of our couples dearly!
These days you'll probably find me driving around town with the windows down blasting some good ole 2000s classics with a sweet tea in the cup holder. Mexican food is one-hundred percent my love language and I will never turn down a taco run. I have grown to love to cook and try out new recipes. The farmer's market is my favorite way to spend a Saturday morning and I leave with a fresh cut bouquet just about every trip.
MY TOP FIVE
1. Burt - My sweet not-so-little Plott Hound pup is the absolute light of my life. He is smart, funny, and will fist bump you with his nose if you ask him for knuckles. Clearly he is a very talented boy.
2. Chuy's tacos - They're amazing. If you haven't tried them, stop what you're doing right now and go get some. I'm a regular there.
3. Halloween - I like Halloween more than Christmas - there I said it. October is my prime and spooky season is my favorite time of year.
4. Lipstick - At any time I likely have ten different lipsticks in my purse or camera bag. I like options and you can never have too many reds.
5. Games - I watch Jeopardy religiously. My perfect Friday night (post Trebek time) will always include pizza, wine, and a ton of board games. Please let's be friends and have a game night.
It's got to be something in the sauce! Chick-fil-a is one of our all time favorite places to grab a bite to eat. We even held a lot of our early planning meetings when launching Juniper Weddings over a table full of notes, chicken nuggets, and waffle fries! We're even red members!
Remember those kids with all the matching school supplies? Hi, that's us all grown up. We've got enough stationary and office supplies to open a store, but somehow always find a way to need more. Everything is color coordinated and perfectly filed away into its rightful spot in that IKEA filing cabinet we just HAD to have.